Health and Healing Sessions with Awakenings
Healing is always possible…you don’t have to live with it, unless you want to. It’s sometimes tricky to figure out the reason for an imbalance or what is out of balance. Then it’s challenging to filter through the endless array of options for regaining balance. Awakenings acts as a guide in one’s process to help uncover the root causes of dis-ease, and oversees the changes and growth so that the path can be clear and fruitful. We offer an array of tools and techniques catered to your needs from simple to elaborate cleanses, food nourishment, bodywork, artwork, movement, somatic and cathartic techniques, and plant-based medicine such as herbs and homeopathy.
We see the body as interrelated layers which include our physical, spiritual and emotional selves held within our environment.
What the Health and Healing Sessions Include
Options for items we may cover in Health and Healing Sessions, depending on your needs and desires:
- Comprehensive health history assessment (required).
- Screen for dis-ease or imbalance, including heavy metal toxicity, mineral deficiencies, proper blood cell proportions or gut microbial imbalances.
- Create a healthcare plan, together, to aid in optimal health and healing. Oversee and support you in that healthcare plan and make modifications as necessary.
- Support healing with plant based medicines (herbal and homeopathic remedies), Reiki or other forms of bodywork, energy clearing/energy management, dietary or bodily cleanses, SRI (Somato Respiratory Integration) and/or various other modalities within our scope and training.
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling, including ensuring intake of adequate nutrients and minimizing consumption/exposure to harmful or toxic substances.
- Support in healing from trauma through SRI (Somato Respiratory Integration).
- Physical Exam/Assessment of vital organs
- Pap Smear – uterine and cervical cancer screen
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening
- Breast Exam
- Reproductive Health Counseling, including:
- Preconception and Fertility Awareness Based Method
- Conception including assisting with IUI or ICI
- Contraceptive Options*
- Referrals to local alternative practitioners, as needed.
- Access to our lending library.
If you’re seeking Health and Healing sessions from Awakenings, we start with a phone call or email to answer any questions.
Please be specific with what you’re hoping with regards to the care and include any pertinent information to your history and health.
Once any questions have been answered, the next step is to set up an appointment. We’ll send you some links to documents so that you can begin the intake process.
Getting Started with Awakenings – the Intake Process!
We will send you a Holistic Healthcare Welcome Pack over email or select the button on the sidebar. Please download all the items, as links do expire.
There are two sections, one for your information only, and one that needs to be printed and filled out. Please have this paperwork ready for the first appointment. If you do not have access to a printer, let us know and we’ll send you the documents via snail mail.
This is holistic healthcare, which means we like to know a lot up front, so anticipate an hour or two to read through and fill out all the required documents.
- Be prepared to pay for the services in full at the first visit.
- Be prepared to pay a “Petty Cash” Refundable Deposit which will be determined upon completion of the Intake Process and be based on your needs and desires.
Fees for Services
Office Visits for 2 hours are: $125/session or a package of 4 is $450.
Home Visits (within Awakenings range) for 2 hours are: $175/session or a package of 4 is $650.
We do offer a sliding scale (see section below). Let us know your financial situation and we’ll decide on a fee that works for all of us.
Additional Expenses: Refundable Deposit
The standard fee does not include any lab work such as microbial gut testing, heavy metal toxicity screening, paps, blood draws, or STI testing. It does not include herbal and homeopathic remedies provided.
These may incur an additional expense.
Because of this, you are required to pay, separate from the Holistic Healthcare fee, a “Petty Cash Refundable Deposit.”
The “Petty Cash Refundable Deposit” amount varies and depends on what testing/screening you plan to receive. We estimate the cost of these labs. We consider it a deposit because lab fees are always changing and we will not know the true cost until the bill is received. Any expenses exceeding the refundable deposit will be billed accordingly and you are responsible to pay. Any unused funds will be returned.
Access to midwifery care is EXTREMELY important to Awakenings. We hope to provide care to all people regardless of income.
As holistic care has grown, it has moved further and further from low-income communities and people of color. In staying true to the values of midwifery, we offer sliding scale and flexible payment plans to those willing to discuss their financial status with us.
We trust you will value and prioritize this quality care over accessories. But even still, it can be challenging to know whether one qualifies for sliding scale. A general guideline is whether or not it creates “Financial Hardship.” Generally, if you have to wonder whether it does or doesn’t, you probably don’t fit that category. If you’re struggling to pay rent each month or can’t purchase the nourishing foods you want, you do qualify.
If you decide a sliding scale applies to you, please consider bartering for a portion of the fee. We are open to your ideas!
If you have a PPO health insurance, you may be able to obtain reimbursement in accordance with your insurance plan for services from providers who are “out-of-network.”
If you would like to bill insurance, we will provide a superbill with the codes applicable to the care you received. You can then submit that to your insurer. We are sorry we are unable to assist you in insurance billing endeavors at this time.
We can bill labs directly to your insurer.