Health and Healing Sessions with Awakenings
Healing is always possible…you don’t have to live with it (unless you want to), though it may take you down paths you never imagined. It’s sometimes tricky to figure out the reason for an imbalance or what is out of balance. Then it’s challenging to filter through the endless array of options for regaining balance. Awakenings acts as a guide in one’s process to help uncover the root causes of dis-ease, and oversees the changes and growth so that the path can be clear and fruitful. We offer an array of tools and techniques catered to your needs from simple to elaborate cleanses, food nourishment, bodywork, artwork, movement, somatic and cathartic techniques, and plant-based medicine such as herbs and homeopathy.
We see the body as interrelated layers which include our physical, spiritual and emotional selves held within our environment.
What the Health and Healing Sessions Include
Health and Healing Sessions may include depending on your needs and desires:
- A Comprehensive health history assessment (required).
- Screening for dis-ease or imbalance, including heavy metal toxicity, mineral deficiencies, improper blood cell proportions, microbial (gut) imbalances, food intolerances/sensitivities including gluten/wheat sensitivity, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), physical exam/assessment of vital organs, breast/chest exam, cervical cancer/HPV (pap smear)
- A proposal for a healthcare plan to aid in optimal health and healing. We oversee and support you in implementing that healing plan and make modifications or complete additional screening as necessary.
- Healing with plant based medicines (herbal, homeopathic & flower remedies), Reiki or other forms of bodywork, energy clearing/energy management meditations, dietary changes including supplements, dietary/bodily cleanses, SRI (Somato Respiratory Integration), lifestyle changes and/or various other modalities within our scope and training.
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling. These often need guidance and support. We focus on ensuring intake of adequate nutrients and minimizing consumption/exposure to harmful or toxic substances/behaviors/routines. We know this comes in great variation and don’t prescribe to any one way.
- Reproductive health counseling.
- Referrals to local alternative practitioners, as needed.
- Access to our lending library.
If you’re seeking Health and Healing sessions from Awakenings, we start with a FREE 15-30 minute phone call to answer any questions and gather enough information to determine where to start and what labs to order. We’ll also send you some links to documents so that you can begin the intake process.
Please be specific with what you’re hoping for with regards to the care. Please share any pertinent information to your history and health, including your main discomforts or areas you would like to focus on.
After you have completed the labs, the next step is to set up an appointment where we will meet and discuss the findings. We will share an initial health and healing plan. Please bring the paperwork completed to this first appointment.
Getting Started with Awakenings – the Intake Process!
We will send you a Holistic Healthcare Welcome Pack over email or select the button on the sidebar.
This is holistic healthcare, which means we like to know a lot up front, so anticipate an hour or two to read through and fill out all the required documents.
- Be prepared to pay for the services in full at the first visit.
- Be prepared to pay a “Petty Cash” Refundable Deposit which will be determined upon completion of the Intake Process and be based on your needs and desires.
Fees for Services
Office Visits for 2 hours are: $125/session or a package of 4 is $450.
Home Visits (within Awakenings range) for 2 hours are: $175/session or a package of 4 is $650.
We do offer a sliding scale (see section below). Let us know your financial situation and we’ll decide on a fee that works for all of us.
Additional Expenses: Refundable Deposit
The standard fee does not include any lab work such as microbial gut testing, heavy metal toxicity screening, paps, blood draws, or STI testing. It does not include herbal and homeopathic remedies provided.
These may incur an additional expense.
Because of this, you are required to pay, separate from the Holistic Healthcare fee, a “Petty Cash Refundable Deposit.”
The “Petty Cash Refundable Deposit” amount varies and depends on what testing/screening you plan to receive. We estimate the cost of these labs. We consider it a deposit because lab fees are always changing and we will not know the true cost until the bill is received. Any expenses exceeding the refundable deposit will be billed accordingly and you are responsible to pay. Any unused funds will be returned.
Access to midwifery care is EXTREMELY important to Awakenings. We hope to provide care to all people regardless of income.
As holistic care has grown, it has moved further and further from low-income communities and people of color. In staying true to the values of midwifery, we offer sliding scale and flexible payment plans to those willing to discuss their financial status with us.
We trust you will value and prioritize this quality care over accessories. But even still, it can be challenging to know whether one qualifies for sliding scale. A general guideline is whether or not it creates “Financial Hardship.” Generally, if you have to wonder whether it does or doesn’t, you probably don’t fit that category. If you’re struggling to pay rent each month or can’t purchase the nourishing foods you want, you do qualify.
If you decide a sliding scale applies to you, please consider bartering for a portion of the fee. We are open to your ideas!
If you have a PPO health insurance, you may be able to obtain reimbursement in accordance with your insurance plan for services from providers who are “out-of-network.”
If you would like to bill insurance, we will provide a superbill with the codes applicable to the care you received. You can then submit that to your insurer. We are sorry we are unable to assist you in insurance billing endeavors at this time.
We can bill labs directly to your insurer.